March 23, 2020
HERE IS WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM CBEM DURING THIS TIME
- CBEM will continue to provide prevention and stabilization services
- CBEM will continue to respond to hotline calls/critical situations
III. CBEM will continue to collaborate and partner with each Regional Center, vendors and clinical consultants.
- Providing Prevention and Stabilization Remotely
Method of Delivery: Phone/Email/Video conferencing
- CBEM will create new safety plans which correlate to the current State of Emergency.
- CBEM will support clients, families, and circles of support in locating resources to aid in the stabilization process.
- CBEM will continue to focus on skill building and person-centered approaches to enhance communication and minimize incidents of escalation.
- Providing Crisis Response Remotely
Method of Delivery: Phone
- CBEM will continue to respond to crisis (critical situation) calls anytime day or night. Currently it is our standard delivery to obtain all critical situations through a phone call to our dedicated hotline. The phone call is our first point of contact with the individual and/or their circle of support. During the phone call our Critical Intervention Specialists (CIS) will achieve control of the situation and make an assessment of the immediate needs of the individual and their supports, i.e., continue intense support on the phone call and if necessary make a recommendation to call upon the assistance from first responders (i.e., police, fire). The phone calls that come into CBEM’s hotline are most frequently from the caregivers of clients who are already on our caseload, therefore we often have in depth familiarity with the client and their circle of support.
- CBEM will serve in our ancillary role to first responders, and we support first responders with client behavior history and clinical needs through the phone.
- CBEM will communicate with alternative providers and/or resources that may also support the individual during a critical situation, i.e., law enforcement, medical/mental health services, homeless shelters, etc.
- CBEM will communicate with the Regional Center throughout a Critical Situation.
- CBEM will speak with and provide coaching to a client or circle of support during a critical situation.
- CBEM will conduct Case Conferences between CBEM team members during a critical situation.
- CBEM will update the Safety Plan and post crisis follow up with the client and their circle of support.
III. COLLABORATION WITH OUR PARTNERS REMOTELY
Method of Delivery: Phone/Email/Video conferencing
- CBEM will continue to collaborate with Service Coordinators and update safety and our Stabilization Plans as necessary.
- CBEM will continue to present cases to our clinical consultants: Mental Health Clinician, BCBA, and Psychiatrist.
- CBEM will offer increased remote services to include psychoeducation with our vendor partners.
- CBEM will support other vendors and circle of support with online training.
Within the CBEM family, staff are equipped with Apple laptops and iPhones, using the Google Suite of productivity tools to conduct daily tasks such as email, scheduling and documentation, and a third party EHR vendor, Welligent for managing client data. All our technology policies and practices are guided
by our objective to be HIPAA compliant, which include all technology vendors signing Business Associate Agreements with us.
In shifting our services remotely, we will be serving clients and their circle of support, through phone calls, videoconferencing, encrypted emails as necessary. To enhance our video conferencing capabilities with clients, we have added Zoom Video Communications. Zoom is the leader in providing enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars.
March 13, 2020
Lafayette, CA: CBEM has been closely monitoring COVID-19 communications from California DDS, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), government agencies and Regional Centers. Due to the increased risk of exposure and transmission, and with the guiding principle of seeking to keep the individuals we serve safe, CBEM will be transitioning to remote services effective immediately. Remote services will allow CBEM to continue to provide support via video conferencing or phone, while mitigating the risk of spreading the virus unintentionally to our population. The consensus of health professionals at this time is that COVID-19 is spreading in the community, highly communicable, and most dangerous to vulnerable populations.
CBEM’s approach has always been to prioritize the safety of the individuals we serve and those who support them. CBEM staff work across many environments, meaning if just one of our staff is exposed to the virus in the course of meeting with an individual, it can easily be spread throughout our team and to all other individuals we are serving, as well as their circles of support. One of CBEM’s guiding principles is to promote health and safety, which is why we are taking these measures. We will continue to monitor the situation and update you based on available information.
At this time, we want to communicate how we will continue to provide the continuity of care and all the services you have come to expect from CBEM.
- As a precaution to maintain the health and safety of the clients we serve, as well as our staff, the platform for our in-person visits will temporarily take the format of simple-to-use video conferencing or phone interactions.
- In times of crisis, CBEM will continue to work with our clients, first responders and community partners through video conferencing or phone calls.
- CBEM will contact each client, or their circle(s) of support, via phone and U.S. Mail, providing them with updated information regarding this temporary modification, with the objective of providing continuity of care during this pandemic.
- Stabilization Plans will remain in place. Major changes in a client’s situation will be considered on an individual basis, and we will make updates accordingly.
- CBEM will continue to put solutions in place to best serve the needs of all of our clients.
- CBEM will be keeping our community apprised of current circumstances on our website at www.cbemllc.com.
We want to emphasize that, although CBEM will respond to changing circumstances, we will continue to be available to our clients, and to maintain all the services we normally provide in the safest way possible under these emergency circumstances. We will continue to monitor the situation closely, and bring you updated information as it becomes available. As always, please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.